Monday, March 5, 2012

Metro Part I

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Trip 
Observing art work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art was a personal and fantastic experience. I must declare now that art work viewed online or in books will never do the justice the real art work deserves. The amount of culture and imagination that humanity is capable of was amazing to witness at the Metropolitan Museum. But always follow this rule when entering a world of endless walking: never go to a museum hungry—I might have rushed a few areas of the museum that I would love to revisit and pay more detail to (it deserves that much).
            I am perpetually and naturally excited to visit museums; the history involved in the art work shown is almost too much to bear if one can appreciate it. I find myself aggravated with other onlookers who seem annoyed or bored to be there. There is so much to learn, understand, and simply breathe in. This leads me of course to the assignment in which I was to look for the artists I choose from the time period 1860-1910 and 1910-1950. While I had mild struggle looking for specific pieces; I found more of their work that intrigued me on an even higher level.

Some Works of Art:



















1 comment:

  1. Such a diverse collection of works! I'm not surprised by your selection.
    You discussed the experience ofthe museum, but not the works themselves and the experience of seeing them in person.
    8 points

    ReplyDelete