Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Metro Part II

The Metropolitan Museum 
Part II

The Storm (La Tempête) is a painting by French artist Pierre Auguste Cot, completed in 1880.
My favorite. 

I would like to expand on my Metropolitan Museum of Art Trip. As I stated in the first blog, works of art that are viewed in books or in computers will never do justice to the work itself in person. One piece that really moved me was, The Storm by Pierre Auguste Cot. This painting first of all was enormous--rather larger than most of the other works in that category. I found it be mystical very much like that of a dream--I almost felt like the young woman in the painting running with her lover. It is liberating and fascinating to view how the artist achieved the motions of the lovers running, something I would imagine would be very difficult to do. The colors in person are deep and passionate with the contrast of the lovers light clothing, soft to the eye. In a perfect world if I could ever acquire this painting it would be put above my bed. For some odd reason it simply makes me feel good. 

Taken at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
by
Samantha Granados 

No comments:

Post a Comment